It feels a little bit redundant to introduce the blog when I already wrote an About Page, but I also feel weird diving head first into the blog without introducing it…?
So once you’ve read the About Page, which I’m sure you’re going to do since I linked it and all, you can read these ten facts about me. This will introduce you to me and then we can be friends. Or something.
TEN THINGS ABOUT SAM
1. I have only lived in California for a couple weeks. Literally. Two weeks. And it has been the most hectic and weird two weeks I’ve ever had. I actually went salsa dancing in a sex toy shop, which is not even the most unusual thing I’ve done in Oakland.
2. I am an atheist. I am also able to laugh, feel love, possess morals, and, to date, I have not murdered anyone.
3. I’m allergic to red wine. Wine tastings will never be the same. …Well, I’ve never actually been to a wine tasting, but if I went to one, it wouldn’t be the same.
4. I have a tattoo of a fox and THE FOX SAYS NOTHING OKAY STOP ASKING IT’S A TATTOO.
5. I have been engaged for almost two years and I still have no idea when we’re getting married.
6. I once jumped off some stairs while carrying a tray of shrimp and I cut my head open and then I healed my wounds like the cheerleader from Heroes.
7. I went through a phase as a teenager where the only band I listened to was Pearl Jam. It was a sad, angsty time.
8. I once won ten gallons of ice cream in a contest. They delivered it to my door with bowls and spoons and everything. Thanks, Eddy’s!
9. I’m pursuing my master’s degree in Creative Writing. So in three years, I will be a master of writing. Stay tuned.
10. I lived in an ecofeminist collective for a month where we shortened the word brilliant to “brill.” It was a sad, angsty time.
In conclusion, I lead an exciting life.